Monday 12 February 2018

Feta & cheese multigrain muffins

These multigrain muffins are from my late childhood when my sister got interested in baking. 
The original recipe is called  "Lepcinja so spanak" which means "spinach breads".
The ingredients are very much what we would have in our kitchen / larder all the time.
Now days I live in England but I still have corn meal and feta cheese at any time :) 








Ingredients:

150g white spelt flour
150g wholemeal wheat flour
150g corn meal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
200g feta cheese, crumbled
250 ml yogurt
mixed with 125 ml water
4 Tbsp oil
2 large eggs or 3 medium size 
2 to 3 handful fresh spinach
sesame seeds 
soft butter for greasing the muffin tin


Mix the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Pour in the wet ingredients followed by the cheese. 
Mix everything and fold in the spinach leafs.
Grease the muffin tin and sprinkle generously the sesame seeds.
Spoon in the mixture and bake for 25 minutes on 190 C.










I love them sliced, toasted and served with soup. 
Best eaten warm. 
Freeze any left, defrost and take them with you for a picnic ....

The soup on the photo it's been a hit this winter, it is called 
`cheesy` vegan broccoli soup, you will find the recipe here







2 comments:

  1. I adore how you have sliced the muffins here to make it something more special. I love savoury muffins, but sadly do not make them often enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen, I have them in the freezer now, so handy for a picnic too xx

      Delete