Monday 20 November 2017

Soft polenta and spinach

This is my favorite "fast food" meal for one. When the days are crazy, when I have cooked spaghetti bolognese for my family or when I simply fancy something nourishing comfort food - this is what I make in no time ...  







you will need:

50g polenta
200ml water
salt
3 cubes frozen spinach 
1/4 avocado
olive oil

First, put the frozen spinach into a small pot, heat the pot and put the lid on. The spinach will defrost in 5 minutes. 
Now the spinach is ready, I place the spinach in a plate and use the same cooking pot to cook the polenta. Do not wash the pot, let the small bits of spinach blend with your polenta.

Pour the water into the pot, heat the pot, before it boils, add the polenta, stir until boils.
Place the lid on and cook the polenta on a low heat stirring every now and then for about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and drizzle olive oil generously.... 

This recipe will appear on VegHog blog as a contribution for eat your greens






2 comments:

  1. This is a very nice dish. I like the fact that it can be made so easily. Thank you for sharing with Eat Your Greens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eat Your Greens Round Up has now been published! Thanks again for taking part! http://the-veghog.blogspot.dk/2017/11/eat-your-greens-november-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete