Thursday 5 January 2017

Cauliflower steak

First post this year and I start with this beautiful cauliflower steak. I often choose to have a cauliflower as a main food on my plate for a reason. Cauliflower have more vitamin C then orange, it is rich with magnesium, some vitamin B and fiber. However, the colour and texture of it can be a bit boring ( to be honest ) so I tried grilling it and so far it is my favorite cooking method. 🍴🍴




































Ingredients:

 ( for 2 people )

half a cauliflower
salt and pepper
chili flakes

for the salad:

1 raw beetroot, grated 
1 carrot, grated 
150 gr cooked chickpea
rocket leaves
parsley

dressing:

lemon juice and olive oil


Slice the cauliflower to get two "steaks" .
Heat a non-stick pan over a medium to high heat.
Season the steaks with little salt and pepper.
Place the steaks in the pan without oil and let them brown for 4-5 minutes per side.
At this stage I cover the pan with a lid ( any lid will do ) and I let the steaks to steam for 5 more minutes.
Transfer to the plates, add the salad .
Season everything and drizzle with dressing.


Thanks for reading! I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.




No comments:

Post a Comment