Thursday 1 December 2016

Protein rich loaf quick and easy version




December is one of the busiest month of the year but we love if. I personally love preparing everything homemade for the festive season and when the time is tight I always look for a quick and easy recipes but still tasty and healthy. This bread is everything what I need when I am in a hurry ! 



















Ingredients:

300 gr wholemeal flour ( I used spelt )
100 gr white flour ( again I used spelt )
50 - 70 gr nuts and seeds ( I used pumpkin, sunflower, flax and sesame seeds as well as almonds) 
all toasted 
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
450 ml water
1 Tbsp rolled oats for topping 


In a large mixing bowl, place all the dry ingredients.
Add the liquid little by little until you get a soft dough. 
Spoon the mixture into a loaf tin size 22 x 10 cm, greased.
Sprinkle the oats evenly over and bake in the oven for 40 min on 190 C and 15 more minutes on 170 C. 
Once baked remove from the tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Slice it and eat it on the day that it's baked. 
Freeze the sliced bread , you will thank yourself when you want a something nice and warm like toast, simply toasted straight from the freezer and enjoy it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment